Thursday, March 14, 2013

Great Greco-Roman rhetoric and the New Testament bibliography that made my day



David Aune is a world class New Testament scholar who among many works, wrote the multi-volume commentary on Revelation in Word Commentary Series.  The following link is a bibliography for Greco-Roman Rhetoric and its significance for New Testament Studies.  I post the link for two reasons.  First, it is the best and most extensive bibliography on this important topic that I have ever encountered.  Second, if you look on page 16 in the section that deals with Galatians you will find an article entitled "Ancient Rhetorical Criticism, Galatians and Paul at Twenty-Five Years" by this dude named Surburg.  And yes, seeing my article included by Aune did make my day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment