Monday, December 4, 2017

500,000 page views

Today Surburg's blog reached 500,000 page views.  When my wife and parents encouraged me to start a blog, my response for not doing so was, "Who is going to read it?"  At this point I must grant that they were quite correct.  

I have appreciated having a setting in which I can share things that I find to be interesting and helpful.  It has also provided the means to respond to issues and situations in the Lutheran Church in way a way that, I hope, has occasioned others to think about them as well.

For my own part, the blog has generated completely unexpected and unplanned results. The book project on Confirmation that I am currently working on for Concordia Publishing House is a direct result.  Work with the third use of the law and exhortation in Lutheran preaching has produced an article that will appear in the spring issue of Logia: A Journal of Lutheran Theology.  I have enjoyed working with these topics and learning from further study.

Thank you to all who have read, and especially who have shared posts, since that first one on Feb. 14, 2013.    

No comments:

Post a Comment