Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mark's thoughts: Getting a handle on the biblical "big picture"

This morning I had a great conversation about biblical eschatology with a pastor who is near the beginning of his service in the parish.  He had a very good handle on many aspects of biblical eschatology, but didn't yet quite see how it all fits together.  I pointed him to an article I had written entitled, "Good Stuff: The Material Creation and the Christian faith."  I wrote it because it is the article I wish someone had put into my hands twenty years ago.  It takes the key elements of creation, incarnation, sacraments, resurrection/renewed creation and sets them within a salvation historical framework - the "big picture" of how God works.  If you haven't read it, take a look.

It have written a bible study based on the article's content and it is available online.  It received a very positive response in the parish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment